Site Map for Landlord Protection Services
- Home – General Information
- Services Overview – Description of our services
- How the System Works – Description of the process steps
- FAQ – Frequently asked questions
- Activate Plans: Applications required to start activating our services
- Landlord Application – Required one time information about the owner or authorized agent.
- Property Application – Required one time information about the basic characteristics of the property. Only one required for properties with multiple units. (Fee Required)
- Tenant Application – Required information per lease holder to activate a protection plan. Each Leasee, co leasee or co-signer must submit a separate application. One unit may have several Leasee’s, therefore one unit may require several Tenant Applications. Each unit will only require 1 Service and Protection Plan.
- Contact Us – Portal for general communications with APG.
- Terms and Conditions – The terms and conditions for all agreements for our service. Acknowledgement and agreement with these terms and conditions are required to receive any of our services and protection plans.
- Landlord Resources – Required Forms and helpful information for the Landlord.
- Telephone Verifications Report – APG required form to be used for verification of a prospective Tenants employment and residential history by the Landlord or Authorized Agent.
- Tenant Authorization –APG required form to be signed by the prospective Lease holder Tenant. Gives Landlord and APG authorization to investigate the Tenant.
- Collection Assignment – APG required form to be signed by the Landlord or authorized agent giving APG’s collections network the right to pursue collections on a debtor Leasee.
- Monetary Court Judgment Assignment – APG required form to be signed by the Landlord or Authorized Agent giving APG’s collection network the right to pursue collections on a monetary court judgment.
- Preferred Billing Agreement
The following forms are offered as examples of what may be used by the Landlord. It is the Landlords responsibility to follow all State and Federal Laws. APG makes no warranty or representation as to the legality of these forms.
- Example lease and addendum
- Move in special disclosure
- Notice of improper utility billing
- Apartment Transfer Agreement
- Collection Management – Interface for the Landlord to monitor their collection cases. Also a listing of required and helpful forms to assist the Landlord in the collections process.
Required Form: Use through our website:
- Breach, Default Report – Report required to notify APG of a breach or default of a lease or to update APG on an existing case.
Helpful Forms – not required
- Late Notice – Used to notify Tenant of late rent payment
- Late Notice with fees – Used to notify Tenant of the fees they owe for late rent payment.
- 24 Hour Warning – Used to warn Tenant of impending eviction.
- Notice to Vacate – Used to warn Tenant of impending eviction execution.
- Final Notice to Vacate – Used to warn Tenant of scheduled eviction execution.